WHAT IS BOUGIE’S DOING IN RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)?
DONUTS – COFFEE – COMMUNITY – That is our mission in 3 words, as such, the safety of our community continues to be our upmost concern. During these unsettling times we want you to know how we are addressing the current Coronavirus pandemic and what precautions we are taking to ensure the community’s safety.
We have always been proud of our shop’s cleanliness and have always maintained good standing with the Austin Health Department. Safety is our goal. Our shop is meeting and exceeding all federal, state and local regulations as they relate to health, safety, sanitation, and the Coronavirus. We are closely monitoring the situation from both local and national perspectives. We continue to make adjustments in order to follow those regulations and, as well, the needs of our team and customers.
The following are the current measures we have implemented in response to Coronavirus:
- We are following, meeting and exceeding the Austin Health Department and the CDC’s guidelines for safety and sanitation.
- Every one of our employees understands and acknowledges the Austin Health Department & CDC guidelines and agrees to follow.
- Each team Members begin the workday with a temperature check and health assessment. Management is monitoring Team Members for symptoms and are following CDC and local guidance on how and when to ask Team Members to stay home.
- Each team member is required to wear face mask covering and gloves at all times during shift.
- We ask that all customers wear a face mask covering when placing an order with a member of our team. *Please ensure your mask covers your entire nose and mouth at all times!
- For the continued safety of our customers and staff we will keep our dining room temporarily closed. We offer curbside service at our store and continue to run our Bougies2U program. We ask that you please stay in your car whether, at curbside or Bougies2U. When you drive up, we also ask that you wear a mask. All transactions are touchless and credit card only.
- All card readers are wiped down after each transaction.
- Sanitizer spray is allocated at each work station and we require regular wipe downs of each station after each task performed during shifts.
- When we open up our dining room, we will continue to use our installed plexiglass shield at our register. *Please do not stick your head around the plexiglass.
- We have temporarily discontinued use of reusable drink ware and are only using to-go/disposable containers.
- All items from our customer coffee stations including plastic utensils, napkins, straws, milks & creamers, sugar packets, etc. are now kept behind the counter and available by request only.
- Staff cell phone use has been limited to work-specific calls/texts only, and all staff are required to wash their hands following CDC guidelines and don new gloves after each time they use their phone.
As we make additional changes, we will update this list as well as share as much information as possible via our social channels. Thank you so much for your ongoing support during this time!